Employee Share Plan Survey 2014
According to the Computershare Employee Share Plan Survey 2014, which clearly highlights the major benefits a company can achieve by providing an ESOP:
52% of plan participants say that the plan reduced the chance they would leave the company either “to a great extent” or “to some extent”
69 % of participants feel “very loyal “ to the company
73 % of plan participants agree or strongly agree that the company is a good place to work.
Depth of ownership increases the positive behavioural effects of a share plan.
The survey concludes:
- Participants work longer hours than non-participants.
- Participants take less unplanned absence.
- Participants are more motivated.
- Participants are more loyal.
- Talented people want to be offer an ESOP as part of their package.
- An ESOP makes it more likely an employee will recommend the company to others as a great place to work.
- A share plan is a highly valued benefit.
- Plan participants are more likely to share the company’s values.